This article contains the full list of Tasued direct entry requirements and UTME requirements for successful admission into the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) For undergraduate and postgraduate Programmes.
The Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) is a state government-owned and operated Nigerian university and one of Nigeria’s best academic institutions, thanks to the infrastructure and academic staff. The institution was officially established in the year 2005. It is located in Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, southwest Nigeria.
For admission into programmes of study at the Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED for any first-degree or second-degree, an applicant must have the following.
Please understand that at the time of publishing this information, Tasued direct entry requirement and Utme requirements updated here is according to what is on >>> tasued.edu.ng.
What Are The Direct Entry Requirements For Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED)?
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) with at least Merit in 2 core subjects,
- GCE A’Level, HND (for some courses) in relevant areas with at least Upper credit
- Cambridge (A level) Certificate
- Academic Diploma from recognized Universities (for some courses) (in relevant areas) are required in addition to (1) for Direct Entry.
- Advanced National Technical/Business Certificate (ANTC, ANBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
What Are The Admission Requirements For Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) For The UTME 4-Year Programme?
The admission requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programme for both UTME and Direct Entry Candidates are as follows:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s).
- Candidates must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination
- WAEC/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC),
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level), or their equivalents with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at one sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings.
- National Technical Certificate/National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
NOTE: English Language is a compulsory subject in order to gain admission into the Tai Solarin University of Education. You must have a lease C6 in English Language in your WASSCE or you do not qualify to study at the University.
What Are The Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) Admission Requirements For Special Courses?
- A credit in O’Level Mathematics is required for all Sciences, Vocational and Technical and Social Science-based courses.
- Credit in Literature in English is required for English Language.
- A credit in at least one science subject is required for Mathematics.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management should have obtained credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the Ordinary Level.
- Credits in any two (2) of Geography, Economics, Government, Commerce, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, History, and Yoruba are acceptable for studying Social Studies.
- Candidates wishing to study Counselling Psychology with teaching subject options in science and social sciences must have credit in Mathematics.
What Are The Requirements For Specific Programmes At Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED)?
1. Postgraduate Diploma Programme
Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme should possess a minimum of third Class in the Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of Lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
First Degree holders irrespective of class of degree who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as a profession. HND graduates irrespective of class or grade who are currently teaching or intend to take teaching as a profession.
2. Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master in Education Programme (PGDE/M.Ed)
The programme is designed for candidates without a background in Education who may wish to pursue M.Ed. programme. The two certificates will be issued concurrently at the end of the M.Ed. Programme.
3. Master’s Programmes
- Graduates of the Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who has obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours (lower division) in the field of study.
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s Degrees and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
- Candidates with HND (Minimum of Lower CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied.
4. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Every candidate must have a Master’s degree in his/her area of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 4.0 or 60%.
- Holders of M.Phil. Degree in his/her area of specialization.
- Those who have a CGPA of 3.50 – 3.99 or 55% and above in a Master’s degree programme can apply.
- Candidates in (c) above will have to go through a conversion process into a Ph.D. programme.
What Are The Special Programme Requirements for Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED)?
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management at a Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language, Mathematics, and Economics at the WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Guidance and Counseling Psychology at Master’s degree level must have credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a Certificate in Education
- Candidates wishing to study Educational and Media Technology at the Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC/NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level. Candidates must also have a Certificate in Education.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Evaluation at a Master’s degree level must have credit in English Language and Mathematics at the WAEC/ NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level.
- Pass degree with 3 years of cognate working experience is acceptable for Postgraduate Diploma in English.
- Candidate wishing to study Business Education at Master’s level must have credit pass in English and Mathematics at WAEC/NECO SSCE, GCE O’L or NABTEB
- For Science and other mathematics-related courses, a credit pass in Mathematics at the WAEC/NECO SSCE or GCE Ordinary Level is compulsory.
What Is The Minimum Duration Of Programmes At Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED)
- Postgraduate Diploma (Full-Time Mode) 12 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma (Part-Time Mode) 24 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Full-Time Mode) 18 Months
- Master’s degree by Course Work (Part-Time Mode) 36 Months
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education combined with Master’s degree (Full-Time) 24 Months (The two (2) programmes will run consecutively)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme 36 Months
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge/ Exemption/Exclusion certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
How To Apply For Admission In Tai Solarin University Of Education
- Candidates should apply online with payment of the application fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10,000) payable with Master cards or VISA ATM cards. (Print out your receipt after payment).
- The address for application is https://my.tasued.edu.ng/admission and select the appropriate Post-Graduate programme.
- Complete the application form and print out the form along with three referees’ report forms.
- The printed online application forms should be submitted along with one photostat copy of the following:
(i) WAEC/NECO SSC /GCE O’ Level Certificate
(ii) Bachelor’s Degree/ HND certificate and other certificates.
(iii) NYSC Discharge / Exemption/ Exclusion Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
(iv) Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
(v) Payment receipts.
(vi) Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
(vii) 2 Passport photographs
Visit >>>https://tasued.edu.ng/ For More Info
How much is Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) direct entry?
There are two payments that are essential for students that want to study at the Tai Solarin University of Education. These two payments are:
- The Screening Fee is N2,500
- The Portal Access Fee is N5,000
The screening fee for Tai Solarin University of Education is N2,500 (Two Thousand, five hundred naira only). And the Portal Access Fee is N5,000 (Five Thousand Naira only) These are non-refundable payments that must be paid by the student.
If you find this article on Tasued direct entry requirements helpful, don’t forget to share, this will encourage us to post more educative and informative articles like this.
For any inquiries, you can drop them in the comment section. We’ll try to respond as fast as we can.